frustrations of a chronic illness

There are many different chronic illness's that people live with, and all with different levels of severity. I believe that the common frustration everyone with an illness, disease or any health problem has, is that we all ask ourselves "why me ?!" This question I have learned does not have a specific answer. This question I constantly get puzzle over, is not the right the question?  I should be asking myself if  I have learned that no matter how hard you try, sometimes there just isn't an answer, or an explanation to help us to accept an event within our lives. I slowly learn to stop asking myself why and to ask myself, " what can I do to step forward." Yes, this is a very generic question that seems like it has a very easy answer. Unfortunately having to live with a chronic illness, whom most of the time I hate, creates great difficulty and hurdles when it comes to simple life tasks.

Everyone grows up and learns how to make friends, and as we grow older we learn that friendship can become very complex, and not as easy as when we were in kindergarten. For me I will honestly say that I find it very hard to make and keep friends since my chronic illness!. There are many factors of my illness that can make friendships with me not like any average friendships, like the many times I make plans and last minute I call saying im just not well enough to go out. I still find it hard to accept certain things in my life that come with my chronic illness, and one thing I have a very hard time accepting is that when I meet new people I will eventually have to tell them about my illness. That scares me a lot, mostly because my illness comes with a lot of  insecurities and fears. It may sound weird to be insecure about my illness, but unfortunately it comes with a lot of judgment and people feel uncomfortable asking questions. It is understandable to be unsure about asking me  questions, but I always appreciate people saying how good I look when they run into me somewhere. To me that's a simple kind way of saying "I hope your doing ok!"

I was thinking the other day about how I would of been as a senior in high school this year?  It is crazy to think about because I swear just yesterday I was stoked about turning 13 and now in January I will be turning 18. It is bitter sweet not being able to wake up every morning and go to high school. I admit I don't miss sitting in a boring class watching the clock slowly tick, but I defiantly miss seeing so many people everyday, and always having someone to joke and laugh with. I know that I most likely wont get to experience the joys and heartache of being a teenager in high school, but I think I will still turn out fine ( giggles).

I want to say a huge thanks to everyone out there praying for me and want to pray for each and every person out there fighting and living with an illness, disease or health problem. God Bless
    - Hannah
                       

Comments

Popular Posts