learning to accept change


I thought that being honest is always best so I'm going to be honest with how I'm accepting all this new news about my chronic illness. its a lot harder than I ever thought it would be to have everything officially sink in. Its extremely hard learning to take things one day at a time because I cant look ahead because I don't know how I will be in a year or two. Just like two years ago when I first found out there was something wrong with me, I just want to pretend there is nothing wrong and be normal. I know that probably sounds like a crazy thing to do but It seems to be a weird stage of accepting and dealing with how to take this news as a good thing. A good friend told me that instead of pushing people away like I did before, I should lean on the people who love me to help me get through this. For me that's a scary thing because I have always dealt with things on my own, its my stubbornness haha. I guess its time for me to step out of my " protect " the people around me from getting wrapped up in my tough times and actually talk and share with people how I am feeling.Please know I don't want anyone to feel bad for me, just know that everyone reading this, just the fact you read my blogs means so much to me. Thank you all for the prayers, that's more than I could ever ask for.
God Bless
 Hannah Roberts

Comments

  1. Lots of people will listen. It's hard to take the first step of letting them in, but you'll find the weight of your burden easier to bear when it's spread across more than one set of shoulders.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts