official diagnoisis's


After a very long 3 hour appointment and extra tests, I can officially share with you all what I have been diagnosed with:
                               postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (p.o.t.s)
                               dystonia
p.o.t.s a form of dysautonomia is a syndrome that effects the autonomic nervous systems. basically I was built with too much of a good thing leading to my body working in a different way. this causing symptoms like blood pooling in my legs and stomach, headaches, dizziness, nausea and the list goes on and on.

dystonia is a neurological condition causing episodes of uncontrolled muscles contractions, spasms and twists. this causes constant pain and discomfort in muscles.

I was told I was born with pots and I will have this for the rest on my life to an extent, there is a possibility of symptoms reducing. I will not be able to have a job that would require me to be on my feet. im still reading about dystonia as for I only heard of it Monday. This week is the start of my life knowing what im living with and now having the resources to learn to live as normal as possible. I will leaving Toledo with a plan of action in hand and will be returning in 6 months to a year to see the specialist again as for I have a drug therapy started and it could take time to find the right combination of medications to help my body be more stable.

please know that I do not take this as sad news and me and my family appreciates the support and prayers. God bless
 - Hannah

Comments

  1. Knowledge is power. Knowing your diagnosis will enable you to move forward. So glad you were able to find this doctor and make the trip. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts