strength and fears
We are Human, no matter what your story is or the challenges you are facing, we ALL have fears. Sitting on our own, afraid of fear, afraid to try something new, afraid to change. At the end of the day, i ask myself WHAT AM I MORE AFRAID OF.
Fear is a weird thing, it can push us, stop us and haunt us. We all live life experiencing challenges, hurdles and that one all too familiar feeling in our stomachs. Trying to learn how to look fear in the eye and decide to push through it. I deal with fear just like everyone else, i fear the power of my illness and i fear failure, fear missing out. When i go for medical tests i still get that feeling in my stomach, the fear of what if they find something. Holding my breath as i gather the strength to walk inside and hold my head high each time i enter a hospital, doctors office or clinic. I look fear in the face when i observe my scars both on my body and on my soul, standing there proud of who i am and what i have gone through to be here. Only one thing helps me challenge my fear, asking myself
"What am i more afraid of," What scares me more, a question with a million answers and a million more meanings. Sitting, focusing on my mind and body, what scares me most ? Allowing myself to accept my fear but challenging the power it holds/held over me. Being truthful with myself and without any distractions, i put this question to thought.
I am afraid of the power my illness
I am afraid of letting people down
I am afraid of failing
I am afraid of not experiencing life to the fullest
I am afraid of causing pain to the ones who love me
I stared at those sentences until i saw something appear behind the words. Realizing that i give fear its power over me anytime i turn to fear instead of strength in times of hardships. Realizing that i am the only one that is writing my story, and i can change the words on the pages.
I have power with my illness
I will let people into my life
I will fail
I will get back up and try again
I will live in happiness
I will be thankful for every experience in my life
I will be loved and love has the power to overcome pain
so what am i more afraid of ? I am most afraid that i will turn to fear and not turn to strength. My strength is my power and i have the power to write my own story. challenges, hurdles, good, bad, pretty and ugly all pieces in my story that give me the strength to push even when i am afraid...
I AM STRENGTH IN THE FACE OF FEAR
Fear is a weird thing, it can push us, stop us and haunt us. We all live life experiencing challenges, hurdles and that one all too familiar feeling in our stomachs. Trying to learn how to look fear in the eye and decide to push through it. I deal with fear just like everyone else, i fear the power of my illness and i fear failure, fear missing out. When i go for medical tests i still get that feeling in my stomach, the fear of what if they find something. Holding my breath as i gather the strength to walk inside and hold my head high each time i enter a hospital, doctors office or clinic. I look fear in the face when i observe my scars both on my body and on my soul, standing there proud of who i am and what i have gone through to be here. Only one thing helps me challenge my fear, asking myself
"What am i more afraid of," What scares me more, a question with a million answers and a million more meanings. Sitting, focusing on my mind and body, what scares me most ? Allowing myself to accept my fear but challenging the power it holds/held over me. Being truthful with myself and without any distractions, i put this question to thought.
I am afraid of the power my illness
I am afraid of letting people down
I am afraid of failing
I am afraid of not experiencing life to the fullest
I am afraid of causing pain to the ones who love me
I stared at those sentences until i saw something appear behind the words. Realizing that i give fear its power over me anytime i turn to fear instead of strength in times of hardships. Realizing that i am the only one that is writing my story, and i can change the words on the pages.
I have power with my illness
I will let people into my life
I will fail
I will get back up and try again
I will live in happiness
I will be thankful for every experience in my life
I will be loved and love has the power to overcome pain
so what am i more afraid of ? I am most afraid that i will turn to fear and not turn to strength. My strength is my power and i have the power to write my own story. challenges, hurdles, good, bad, pretty and ugly all pieces in my story that give me the strength to push even when i am afraid...
I AM STRENGTH IN THE FACE OF FEAR
Comments
Post a Comment