Disability ?

The word disability has a stereo type attached to it, when you think of someone disabled you think of someone who is in a wheelchair. I always thought that way until today. The truth is that an illness can disable you from doing things in life the way someone else would without an illness. I just never thought P.O.T.S would change my life in that way. I always thought being stubborn and hell-bent on doing things the way i thought i should, instead of doing things the way that best suits my strengths and weaknesses was the right thing to do.
 i never thought i would have to admit to myself that you could consider me disabled in aspects of my life. That's something i cannot process but i need to so i can have the environment and tools to succeed . I try to fool myself with reasons 'why' i cant work but truth is, i just cant right now. Its hard not having the worry's or priorities of someone my age, i would love to trade with someone for a week just so i can have a taste of what it might of been like for me. I'm not going to lie, life sucks a lot when P.O.T.S calls the shots and i have no power over how I'm going to feel today or tomorrow. I'm determined to not let my illness defeat me but make me care more about what i can accomplish instead of doubting myself at the start line. Even though i wish it was different sometimes, its best that i put just me myself and i first, until i have figured out how to be the most successful, strong me.

                           Always believe you can do anything in your own way. God Bless
                                                                    -Hannah

Comments

Popular Posts